BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Sex, lies, videotape: From LeBron to Jim Gray and Lance Armstrong to Oprah. With a Monica Lewinsky cameo.



I guess Lance Armstrong never saw LeBron James' made-for-television The Decision. Whatever happened to calling for a press conference to break some news or to make an admission? Just as James did three years ago, Lance got pilloried for the manner of his coming out regarding the use of performance enhancing drugs. I guess he didn't want to get grilled by the media so he preferred to confess in a television special (ala LBJ to Jim Gray). Why not appear in a presscon and make a statement like Bill Clinton when he denied that he had an affair with Monica Lewinsky. Oh, wait, the prez didn't tell the truth to the assembled White House press corps? Okay, I take it back. Let's go, Oprah!


No comments:

Post a Comment