BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Sunday, November 18, 2012

On the Ateneo Blue Eagles' The Drive for Five documentary

The Ateneo Blue Eagles' The Drive for Five documentary is in its finalization stage and should be available by December 8, 2012 the day of the Ateneo Grand Alumni Homecoming. I know it was pushed back from its original release date of November 10 but it is worth the wait. Promise! 

The two-disc set will cost Php 1,200 (I KNOW THERE WILL BE A LIMITED NUMBER OF THESE SETS). The first disc is a three-part documentary that runs for a total of 50 minutes. Part One is titled, Learning to Fly and features the 2004-07 seasons. Part Two is titled, Flying High and focuses on Seasons 71-74. Part Three is titled, Last Flight is about this past Season 75. The second disc is well, I can't spoil the beans yet on that. I wrote the documentary and helped out with ideas for scenes and images. I was able to preview the whole documentary last Friday and I got goosebumps watching it come to fruition. I think it is a piece of work that will be appreciated by everyone and including non-Ateneans (unless he or she is hopelessly prejudiced and I know quite a few of these bastards). It's got footage that you thought you'd never see again and is truly amazing when viewed in perspective. Will advise you all on more details when I have the green light on them.

3 comments:

  1. Can I make a reservation na po?! I want to own a copy, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope available 'to to non Ateneans. I want to reserve one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, non-Ateneans may also buy. You might want to reserve now. Check this out http://bleachersbrew.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-drive-for-five-dvd-is-now-available.html

      Delete