BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Azkals’ Jerry Lucena to miss crucial Myanmar match


Azkals’ Jerry Lucena to miss crucial Myanmar match
by rick olivares

Philippine Men’s Football National Team player Jerry Lucena flew back to Denmark Wednesday morning as he was recalled by Danish club Esbjerg for a match this Saturday.

National Team Manager Dan Palami attempted to secure Lucena’s services for the crucial and final Group A match against Myanmar in the 2012 Suzuki Cup this Friday, November 30, but was unable to do so.

Lucena, who plays either as a defender or a defensive midfielder for Esbjerg, described his Suzuki Cup experience as “wonderful”.

“I didn’t do so well in the first game (a 2-1 loss to host Thailand). Maybe because it is the opening match and I wanted to do better in the next game against Vietnam,” explained Lucena. “It was a good win (the Azkals repeated over Vietnam, 1-nil to move up to second place in the group standings) and I am happy to be a part of the game and a the big victory. I want to play against Myanmar but I have to go back.”

It’s a 14-hour flight from Bangkok to Denmark where Lucena’s club, eighth-placer Esbjerg (4-7-7) will be playing an away match at TRE-FOR Park, home pitch for fourth-running Odense BK (8-4-6) in the Danish Superliga. “But I trust the guys. I will see everyone in the semis.”


1 comment:

  1. He's a got a positive attitude...see you in the semis :-)

    ReplyDelete