BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Friday, October 19, 2012

The Ateneo de Naga Golden Knights

I first heard of this video from Coach Eric Altamirano and Coach Alex Compton who I work with in the National Basketball Training Center. But I only first saw the video a week ago today (Friday October 11) during the first day of the MVP Sports Foundation Coaches Clinic at the Philsports Arena. I was amazed at what my brothers in Ateneo de Naga were preaching and how it mirrors what is being taught in my alma mater, Ateneo de Manila, as well. I thought the video and the messages were powerful. It was an inspiration for the coaches who attended and I do hope it also does something for you as well. Go to see another Ateneo school win a championship. One Big Fight! Thanks to Coach Noli Ayo.

4 comments: