BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Mine tangled thoughts this Saturday

Woke up to pain in my head. I wonder how good my immune system is because it takes me longer to recuperate from illnesses than the average person. Oatmeal and some coffee for breakfast and it's a horrible combination I assure you. Watching the CI channel while at that. 

Seapony's gorgeous album Falling is ringing in my ears. That's all the saccharine goodness I will need today. In an indie mood lately - Deus, Seapony, Best Coast, The Wonder Years, The xx, Porcelain Raft, Reel Big Fish, and the Raveonettes. Just makes me feel good. Kinda cool to listen to stuff that isn't mainstream. 

Catching up on UFL stuff I need to do. Lost week. A million and one things in my head and all that need doing. How do I process and manage that? I swear sometime I am going to explode. But I guess I've become good at that. Reading El Hadji Diouf's shot at Steven Gerrard and I find it laughable that the Senegalese international's rep isn't much. 

Saw the Transformers vid on YouTube where they take a stab at PSY's Gangnam Style. It's never too late. And it's hilarious. 

Spent eight hours at the University of Makati today for the UFL games. Can you believe that? One-third of the day for football. Hahaha. I shouldn't complain. There was a time when all eight UAAP teams played in one day and I was there for like 10 hours! My brain was mush after that. You know how difficult it is to do this -- Tweet, announce shots on goal, yellow cards, fouls, substitutions, write, and take note of things -- all the same time? I don't really want to write recaps as those are for the regular media guys but I have to for the UFL website. I'd rather do game analysis and map out plays. Spend more time doing this since AKTV doesn't give me skeds anymore. I kind of enjoy doing the zonal marking stuff. 

Excited to be heading back to Singapore for the last game of the Loyola Meralco Sparks for the 2012 Singapore Cup. Leaving on Friday evening and returning Monday. 

1 comment: