While watching the FEU-La Salle game today, several things came to mind (that I had to quickly type on my iPad before I forgot them):
1. I wondered if the Tamaraws were becoming unglued. All the on and off the court stuff has finally come to a head. They do not resemble the resilient team that was on display in the first round. Now they well if they aren't trying to pick fights they are arguing with one another even if only temporarily. Sometimes I wonder if they are going out of their way to test NU's theme for the season ("Unbreakable") by playing physical. Think about this they have been in the news for all the wrong reasons year and out that it is no longer funny. I like this team because I thought that they are a talented bunch. However that may not necessarily into a winning team. And they can only blame themselves for that.
2. The Tams really shot themselves in the foot by not having Rey Mark Belo and Arvie Bringas available for the game. With Anthony Hargrove losing it with his tussles with Arnold Van Opstal they had no post presence. Belo and Bringas would have supplied that but no.
3. Almond Vosotros is on his way to a breakout year for La Salle. That bank trey? I've seen that before when he was with San Sebastian. Definitely not chamba. Picking up big time from an ailing LA Revilla.
4. The three-headed monster of RR Garcia-Terrence Romeo-Mike Tolomia has not exactly worked out the way FEU would have wanted. In this game however, I thought that Romeo's single-minded purpose to score was what kept the Tams in the game as everyone else faltered.
5. This is going to be one fiery wind-up.
More to come as I think of them.... in the meantime, here are my thoughts on yesterday's Ateneo-UST game. The game analysis will be on ateneo.edu tomorrow.