BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Saturday, September 1, 2012

It's a huge win against FEU but I am waiting to exhale against La Salle

Here's a companion piece that I wrote to Five things I told my dad after the FEU game. Some have wondered why my dad, er, for one, my dad is also from Ateneo. Third gen Atenean on either side of the family. And two, well, I want, eh. Hahaha. Anyways, here's that companion piece titled "It's a huge win against FEU but I am waiting to exhale against La Salle" that is totally different from the earlier one and it is on ateneo.edu.

1 comment:

  1. It's official --- La Salle cannot beat Ateneo this year. If I were them, more than just taking a final 4 slot (which isn't a given by any measure), I'd position for 3rd or 2nd (if they could) just to avoid Ateneo in the semis. I still want an Ateneo-La Salle finals. Return the favor of at least trying to prevent Admu from the 5-peat. Though I'm not saying they could like Ateneo did in 2002.

    ReplyDelete