BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Wednesday rambling

Lots of work at the office. Have to hold back my temper when I feel others are not pulling their own weight. This raging sea of work has left me spent and too tired to write. I haven't really been able to watch anything on television save for the occasional newscast. Hearing that some of our athletes went to London to better their personal times is the ultimate cop out. If you're not going there to win then maybe you shouldn't go. Wish I could watch more stuff from the Olympics but it's real difficult. There is simply not enough time in the day to do so. When it isn't catching a short newscast, I've been catching up on my reading of Lee Kuan Yew's From Third World to First that I find immensely inspiring. Makes me think. And sometimes I wonder if I think too much. Like last night. I woke up at 2am when my dog got agitated over a mouse. I never really got to sleep soundly because just when drowsiness once more set, I had an hour to go before I stood up to prep for work. Work. I always say that it is good because that means one is busy. It's hard to justify paying someone when he doesn't do anything at all. I am rambling I guess. Today I finally got to watch The Dark Knight Rises and I loved it as only a true Batman fan can. Have been following Batman since Alan Moore penned The Killing Joke (the first printing green color on the lettering). And then Coach Erik Spoelstra is coming over. In fact, he's going to be here tomorrow. Homecoming king, huh? Who says LeBron is the only royalty around? Now I am hoping that we get some great weather because it's been rather crappy for several days now. Gotta hit the sack and end this rambling. Maybe I will rediscover some passion for writing when I wake up or I meet up with Coach Spo.

No comments:

Post a Comment