BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Friday, August 3, 2012

Me & the Larry O'Brien, World Series, UFL & UAAP trophies


Me and the Larry O'Brien trophy that the Miami Heat won a few months ago. As Coach Erik Spoelstra said, "It sure is a beauty." Never thought I'd stand next to it. And guys like LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, and Pat Riley carried this trophy. Wow!


With the New York Yankees' 27th World Series trophy. Baseball is my field of dreams. Being the only Filipino in this event made it even special. The Yankees' brass was very pleased to see the interest from someone from the Philippines. Told them that I lived in New York for a while but that wasn't why I root for the Bronx Bombers. Have been a lifelong fan of the Yankees. Have seen over a hundred live matches of NY. Saved every one of those tickets too. I have almost all the DVDs of the team that has been released. 


Cradling the UFL's Perpetual Trophy and below planting a smacker on the 2011 UAAP Men's Basketball Trophy inside the dugout of the Ateneo Blue Eagles. 


I have other shots of other trophies (including the EURO trophy replica that is posted in my Facebook) but these are the ones I want to share. What I hope to get in my lifetime -- the World Cup and UEFA Champions League trophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment