BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My latest column for NBA.com Philippines on the Boston Celtics and the possible fate of their Big Three

Here's my sixth column for ph.nba.com. It was with a morbid fascination that I followed the Boston Celtics this past NBA season. Here was a team that since their Big Three of Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, and Kevin Garnett was put together became a perennial title contender. And even before the season started there was talk of this group's last ride. Very much like the Chicago Bulls of the 1990s. So I decided to write a short one based on decision by Boston management. Do they make a decision to keep this core together based on sentiment? Or does it come down to dollars and cents? Here it is. 

1 comment:

  1. i liked what i read except that it's a boston obituary.

    nooooooooo! :)

    ReplyDelete