BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Stuff I got at Bootcamp (new kicks to wear for my team GroupM United)


Ah, all this talk of a comeback is taking a hit in my wallet and my knees. Got some turf shoes (below), shin guards, socks, and shorts at Bootcamp. That means I'll be a walking Nike billboard tomorrow. Hahaha. Will do a product review on the Nike Mercurial (I wear size 12) after tomorrow's practice. Hope my body's up to it. 


Re-stock at Bootcamp -- Euro away jerseys of Portugal, France, the Netherlands, Russia, and a few more. Personally, I am not crazy about the home kit of France as I think it is somewhat terrible so I'm all right with the white version. 


Don't you just love the Portugal shirt (above)? Sort of reminds me of Brazil's Vasco da Gama. I should get a Vasco shirt soon.


Check out my feature on Bootcamp that came out a while back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment