BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

The new FC Barcelona shirts from Nike (plus that amazing recycled tech)


Check out the new Barcelona kit for the 2012-13 season. I like the new design as Nike softened and fused the lines that divided the blue and red colors. The away kit is a brighter orange to celebrate the team's effervescent style of play. Plus, the new kit makes use of the ground-breaking recycled polyester that makes the fabric lighter, more absorbent, and more smooth to wear. That's 13 bottles of plastic per shirt. Whoever thought of this should be given an award. It's brilliant.

I already have one of these shirts in the away version of Portugal. Aside from the cross in front that I believe makes it attractive, I love the feel of the shirt. It doesn't drag across my skin. I have come across a similar shirt in the last week when I purchased the Hoffenheim shirt from Puma. Now I really don't like all the new designs for Euro '12 but the shirt in itself is fantastic. As for my verdict on the new Barcelona kits --- I like! Therefore I will get.


Here's a video featuring the process in which the new kits are made out of recycled plastic bottles. Amazing.

2 comments:

  1. where can I buy this here in Manila?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can go http://www.footballtshirtuk.com/ to ask. Their football shirt a lot of variety. Should have.

      Delete