BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Friday, May 11, 2012

Chieffy chat!


We had a two-hour Facebook chat with Chieffy Caligdong (who should suit up for Air Force in their next match) at the Marriot Hotel. There were great questions on where he learned his game (from his older brother) to what club he would like to play for outside the Philippines (Gamba Osaka in the J-League) to what club he is rooting for in the UEFA Champions League (Bayern Munich). But make no mistake, Da Chief is a red-blooded Liverpool FC fan. Check out the video below.



Have been friends with the Da Chief since 2006. And since I saw him play back then, I promised myself two things -- one, I'd get to write about him (CHECK); and two, I'd get him for a television commercial if the opportunity arises (CHECK). So now that's two guys for Gatorade commercials now -- LA Tenorio and Chieffy. Wonder who I'd reco for a third. It has to be alignment of the planets.



We got over 200 questions posed to Chieffy during the Facebook chat session. Five fans who posted the best questions that Da Chief answered will receive a Caligdong jersey -- the kind that he wore during the recently concluded AFC Challenge Cup where the team placed third.



1 comment: