BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Friday, March 9, 2012

Bleachers' Brew podcast Episode #2 Out of Africa with Pachanga's Kross Ubiam



Here's a 45-minute interview with Pachanga's Nigerian midfielder Kross Ubiam where he talks about evil sports agents, strangling a goat, playing in Indonesia, getting lost in translation, and playing in the UFL. A few hours after we recorded this podcast, Kross was sent back to his first club in the Philippines, Kaya, right before the end of the March transfer window. We sure had a good time doing this as Kross is one of my good friends in the local football scene. Whenever I'm with this guy along with AK47, we have a whale of a time laughing. Big surprise for the next ep of the Brew podcasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment