BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Bleachers' Brew Podcast #7 Talking Chelsea & the Soccer School with the Younghusband Brothers




Recorded at the 23rd Floor of the Picadilly Star on Friday, March 30. We talked about those Chelsea days, re-connecting with the English club, opening the Chelsea Soccer School, the AFC Challenge Cup, and where they're going. Will post the picture later.



With Phil and James Younghusband after the podcast recording. This was a long time in the making. I remember talking with Phil on the team bus on our way to My Dinh National Stadium to play Singapore and he was telling me of those days back in England. That's where I got the idea to first do this. Well that's almost two years later but better late than never, yeah? But we had fun doing this and for sure it won't be the last.


Above: The view from one of the conference rooms. You can actually see the BGC Turf from here. The brothers take in the sight from the 23rd floor. Below: With Jojo Durian, James, me, Phil, Cat Rivilla, and Ton Gatmaitan.





No comments:

Post a Comment