BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

That isn't Jacky Chan and Chris Tucker. It's Jeremy Lin and Tyson Chandler.


I know that New York is the city that never sleeps but this ain't Rush Hour with Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker. This is actually Jeremy Lin and Tyson Chandler of the New York Knicks. If Lin continues the way he is playing then does this mean when Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire return the Knicks will have their own Big Three? Yowza! Yeah, I know that is such a premature statement since Lin has just had four very good games. Still it gives New Yorkers and Knicks fans a buzz. Hardly has the euphoria of the Giants' Super Bowl win died down when Lin and Knicks have brought more good cheer to Gotham City. photo by Chris Chambers/Getty.


Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan show their version of the full court press.


Here's a link on Jeremy Lin that I put up in Bleachers' Brew in June of 2011 (I began following him back then). Look at what I wrote at the end of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment