BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Getting ready for the year's Gatorade campaigns


We had a presentation/planning session today at the Palms Country Club for the year's campaigns for Gatorade. Aside from my media work and teaching in Ateneo, I also work for GroupM where I handle Gatorade. I do their public relations aside from digital media. I help choose the athletes and teams we work with (then pass them on to my bud Ton Gatmaitan to close out the deal) and do PR for them. We had over Mr. Mustaffa Moussa, International Vice President for Marketing for North and South Asia. And he wanted to see what we were up to for 2012. 


This here is our team from Pepsico (local and regional) as well as GroupM/Mindshare and DDB. We all work on the account. Usually, we have some of our brand ambassadors with us and for today we had Jaymie Pizzaro aka The Bull Runner, De La Salle Green Archer center Arnold van Opstal, and San Sebastian Stag captain Jon Semira. We played a modified form of Shooting Stars. This is a game that Ton and I came up with that we have run to great success with my colleagues from the media, Jr. NBA participants, and the visiting NBA players. Then we got to play a little pick up hoops with AVO and Jon joining in. It was fun. 


We did a Q&A with our Brand Ambassadors after that and the guys were clearly amazed at how Jaymie trains for her runs. Jon Semira was a riot with his one liners! Glad to have these guys on board. Below is a picture of our last planning session, this time at the Alabang Country Club where we got to play some football with Darren Hartmann. 


No comments:

Post a Comment