BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 was a marvelous year! Just saying thanks!

The old year -- 2011 -- is ending. We're just a few hours away from the new one -- 2012 -- and its new challenges and uncertainties. I haven't been really be to put in a lot of writing the past few weeks. Work just got in the way. But it has all been good. The year 2011 will go down for me as one of the best for me. in so many ways. Like a kid, I was excited. The last several years were getting better and my birthday fell on 11-11-11. So I was thinking that there might be something lucky, mystical or even magical about it. And it was. 

I might make some mistakes here but in no particular order -- the Ateneo Football League, Rely San Agustin and I got it up and running to great success and in a few months we're going to see an improved Season 2 that kicks off in March; GroupM and all the work we got done this year; Sev Sarmenta and everyone at the Comm. Department as well as my Journalism students in Ateneo de Manila University  -- you guys are the best; the Azkals and Smart Gilas; experiencing the Ateneo Blue Eagles win a fourth straight UAAP Men's Basketball title -- never did I think this would happen; AKTV and interaksyon.com from Jaemark Tordecillas, Russel Torres, Vitto Lazatin, Tony and Aaron Atayde, Jason Webb, Josue Lamlang, Anthony Suntay, Ryan Fenix and all the production folks -- super super thanks; Football Philippines and Gelix Mercader; the United Football League with Randy, Santi, Phil, Chris, Coco, Ritchie, and everyone else; my linemates the Back Four Bums -- Bob, Ebong, and Cedelf; Liverpool FC, just want to say thanks for being so accommodating in Malaysia; the Kuala Lumpur Dragons for their friendship and hospitality; the Alaska Aces for giving me an incredible first hand look at what a pro basketball club does; the NBTC peeps I work with -- Coach Eric, Coach Alex, and Coach Ato; Pachanga FC with Freddie G., Jojo R., Coaches Nonoy, Marjo, Alvin, and Kim and everyone else -- yo, Kross, leggo of that goat; the Philippine Football Federation -- Nonong A., Bonnie L., Chito M., Red A., Maja and Virgie and everyone else; Cathy Rivilla and Rod Nepomuceno; my buds in the college and PBA press corps; the Ateneo Blue Eagles; the Ateneo Women's Volleyball Team; and everyone who has been reading Bleachers' Brew. This was the best year yet as we got over 550,000 hits for the year from over 180,000 people from 142 countries. I am soo grateful! Thank you for reading. Hope to ratchet the writing and the coverage next year!


HAPPY NEW YEAR! Thank you so much for making 2011 a wonderful one. Here's to a fantastic 2012 for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment