BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

The last two days


With Jena Fetalino at Jeff Blake at Howzat Sports Bar along Kalayaan Avenue last Thursday for lunch. Jeff is a fellow Liverpool (my Scouse brother) and Real Madrid fan. Last December, he joined some other Filipinos to watch the Azkals' second match with Indonesia in the Suzuki Cup. Jeff, who is a Yank from Pennsylvania, proudly wore a Philippine jersey to the Bung Karno and for his supporting Team Philippines, he had his digital camera filched from his pocket. Whatta guy! In case you didn't know, when he isn't working, he plays goalkeeper for Nomads FC. Will be writing a story on Nomads FC soon. 


Doing the Saturday UFL Cup coverage on AKTV with Ryan Fenix and Anthony Suntay. For the first time, we had to wear long sleeves and a necktie! Unfortunately I didn't have a white polo so I had to borrow one from my brother. For the main match between Pasargad and Nomads, Jason Webb was our anchor and as always it's a pleasure to work with a pro.


Since I returned from Roxas City, I've been in a funk. Given my crazy workload it was bound to happen. I just don't feel like writing or doing anything else. Time was I'd take a week off from work to bum around and do nothing. Maybe go out of town or abroad. Just recharge my batteries. Come to think of it, I don't think I've been out of the country as extensively as I thought I would. Maybe soon. So I've been reading a couple of books (imagine that, I read two books at the same time), listening to my Yes and The Verve CDs, having dinner with a pretty lady, watching a DVD of Olympique Lyonnaise's championship seasons (when they had Juninho), and catching up on some badly needed zzs. Maybe next week I'm back to me old self. And second sem classes begin Tuesday. Stoked to me my new class. I know I have Chris deChavez and BJ Cipriano in my class.

No comments:

Post a Comment