BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Has the sun set on the Under-23 national team?


Has the sun set on the Under-23 national team?
by rick olivares

There is nothing you can say that will make me feel better.

I still have not recovered from that stinging 3-1 loss to Vietnam and then this new heartbreaker arrives in the form of a 2-1 loss to Timor Leste.

This was an opportunity to get on the board with a win and the three points available considering that heading into the match, the two favorites to top Group B Vietnam and Myanmar had four points each while Timor Leste had three. So now were at the bottom of the six-team group with a big fat egg next to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment