BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Monday, October 3, 2011

At the PBA Season 37 Opening


With the great Billy Ray Bates who was inducted into the PBA Hall of Fame. Even if he played for the Crispa Redmanizers early on, I watched him play. When he did play for Ginebra (for one glorious conference and one dud where he was shipped home with Kevin Gamble who went on to have good seasons with the Boston Celtics), I was ecstatic! 


With Barako Bull muse Helga Krapf and with Petron Blaze muses Martha Chloe McCully, Helen Nicolette Henson and Samantha Purvor.


No comments:

Post a Comment