BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Camsur Saturday August 13


D-Day minus one here at Camsur. Spent the morning interviewing the Ironkids. One thing I've learned in my years in journalism is to go with my gut feel. Earlier, I wanted to interview the Borlain kids and I got a terrific interview out of them. I felt so good about it that I passed it on to the ABS CBN crew. Not sure if they were able to pull it out of them though. In the photo above, spoke with (from left to right) Amanda Stevens, Bree Wee, and Luke Gillmer. Luke earlier co-emceed the post-Ironkids presscon with old Ateneo classmate Jaime Garchitorena. Amanda's such a doll! A terrific and winsome person. Loved the interview.


This photo was snapped after watching the Ateneo-FEU game! A bunch of us Ateneans all gathered at this CWC resto to watch the game and we all whooped it up after the win. Mark Zambrano's cameraman is from FEU so bully for him. Hahaha. It was also cool bumping into Leo Oracion who I wrote about a couple of years ago (I did two stories). The Ateneo jersey is Ryan Buenafe's 2010 UAAP finals jersey.


With Team Pangilinan (Maricel stayed back home in Manila coz she just gave birth). The family is just a fun interview. I should have gotten Hannah doing cartwheels!


Arguably the funnest (bastardization on purpose) interview was with Team Valdez. They finished 12th last year among relay teams and with a field of over 50-relay teams this year, they are determined and I do mean determined to stay in the Tough (Top) 12. Boo yeah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment