BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Friday, April 15, 2011

Scenes from the first day of the Visayas Regionals


With some old chums at the Filomeno Cimafranca Field in Silliman University during the match between Cebu and Iloilo. L-R: Roel Gener, Paolo Pascual, Coach Edwin Cabalida, me, Coach Roroy PiƱero, Ace Bright, and Chieffy Caligdong.


At the officials tent at the stadium. It isn't easy trying to take down notes, shoot photos, and help my other media colleagues with info. But it sure is fun.


Cebu's Ryan Bordalba is sent off for a punching foul. 


Team Cebu. They were wearing Intermilan/Cebu jerseys. I hate to say it guys, Intermilan, defending UEFA Champs lost to Schalke wearing their white kits.

Team Iloilo. 

8 comments:

  1. sayang. konti lang yung nanood kaninang umaga. medyo kulang ang cascading of information dito sa dumaguete. sana marami na this pm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maraming mga sillimanian na gustong pumonta kaso lang most of them my classes... even bukas, meron din... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. The games are all the way to Tuesday. Watch please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...those really are Inter Milan jerseys!

    But again...don't they know that FIFA requires sleeves in uniforms? :|

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's just a local tournament. That's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. daw wala budget ang uniform sng Iloilo ba. !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think FIFA does approve uniform to sleeveless ! but I think it depends on regional level ! Cameroons official jersey are kinda sleeveless !

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...again... to the last anonymous, check here, page 18

    http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2010_11_e.pdf

    They started requiring sleeves because of Cameroon, if I'm not mistaken.

    Sorry for being makulit. I'm just trying to provide accurate information :)

    ReplyDelete