BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Adebayor give him the ball and he will score.... (one more time)

Outside Liverpool, the other English Premier League team that I watch (and like and my youngest son is totally crazy for the club) is Arsenal. What I love about the Gunners is their penchant for picking out players who aren't household names and playing under Arsene Wenger, they become world-class players. One of those is former striker Emmanuel Adebayor, the Togo international who is now with Real Madrid. Leave it to a former Gunner to punish Arsenal's EPL rivals Tottenham with two goals in a 4-0 demolition to see Los Blancos gain a massive advantage heading into the Spurs' home game at White Hart Lane next week. This dude is one scoring machine and I do recall seeing that video of him playing for Arsenal where the fans at Emirates Stadium were singing, "Adebayor. Adebayor. Give him the ball and he will score." That's an incredible tribute to the man! Watch the youtube vid below to see what I mean. And I guess he sure is helping Jose Mourinho's side in Madrid even as a late addition on loan from Manchester City.

Taking a look at Real Madrid's UEFA Champions League kit, in that picture by Javier Soriano (Getty Images), I love how on the left sleeve the club commemorates the nine European titles they have won while on the right, they have the tournament logo.

1 comment:

  1. My favourite comment for that game from ladyarse "I believe that this is Adebayor trying to say sorry to Arsenal, he just wants us to love him again, the crazy big nutjob”

    ReplyDelete