BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

adidas Star Wars Originals @ 313 Somerset


Check out these kicks from adidas featuring Star Wars characters. This pair of kicks -- called the "Skyline mid Coruscant" -- has Darth Vader on the heel of the shoe (high top) and is made of high grade leather with suede lining. The pair of shoes retails for around SD $230. They've got these cool Stormtrooper designs as well as Han Solo and C3PO. The latter designs are in low cut form and of course are slightly cheaper. You can find this at 313 Somerset in Orchard Road.


Believe it or not, I actually sided with the Galactic Empire. Seriously! They had the cool characters and ever cooler weapons. And the Stormtrooper? Classic. I already have the Superstar low cut of the Stormtrooper that I got when it first came out, but the new designs are just cool. Who would have thought that the Stormtrooper would be a pop icon! Haha.



Han Solo frozen in carbonite! Preserved in the tongue of this Superstar model.

No comments:

Post a Comment