BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

At the UAAP Season 73 Football Finals


 It was tough really siding with any team as I have friends on both sides. But as for Ayi Nii Aryee, I have been covering him since the time he was stranded in the airport. I used to go to him at Clark to keep him company (and to feature his story not only in Solar Sports but also in Business Mirror). I got upset at him last year during the UFL brouhaha but it's all good now. I am happy for the dude. 


With some good friends in Hans Smit and Atty. Rolly Tulay. Last month, Coach Hans went up to me and said, "I hope you don't mind but I just volunteered you." For what, I asked. "To help the NCRFA (National Capital Region Football Association). I laughed and said, "Eh, what can I do you volunteered me na." So anyways, there. I am helping them out.


With Dave Basa of the UST team after the finals match. When he made his debut with the Tigers in 2007, I said that this kid was going to be a good football player. And he has become a really good one. Just some more seasoning and better decision making. But he's all right. It was a tough game for the Tigers but man, I just love their team. They sure are fun to watch. Just need some tweaking in their attack. See you in the national team soon, bud.

No comments:

Post a Comment