BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Mike Smith in the eye of the Storm

Love the helmet of Tampa Bay Lightning goalkeeper Mike Smith. It features "Storm" of the X-Men. I love the effort of Smith (who gets an "A" for effort in my book) but it looks like the Lightning's woes on defense will see him bumped off in favor of the newly acquired Dwayne Roloson who just came off a two-year tour of duty with the New York Islanders after caddying for Rick DiPietro. In the Eastern Conference standing of the NHL, the Lightning are in second place  right behind Philadelphia but in 39 matches (24-10-5), the Lightning have scored 121 goals. Good yeah? The problem is they have given up 122 for a negative one difference. The only one in the top eight team of the East with that dubious record. 

Anyways, good luck to the both of ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment