BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Friday, December 10, 2010

Souvenirs and keepsakes from Vietnam


The pitch at Thien Truong, Nam Dinh, Vietnam. This was when we arrived and the only people inside the stadium outside football officials and players were about 100+ cops and soldiers. My Dinh National Stadium was so much better. Thien Truong reminded me of Rizal Memorial Coliseum only the facilities were still better.

Our group pic. You will have to pardon the shot. A Vietnamese woman took it and she has no sense of balance but we're grateful nonetheless. Where's my track suit, Mizuno?


The souvenir program of the 2010 Suzuki Cup Final Rounds. I had the starting XI sign the front while the rest of the team signed the inside front cover.



More keepsakes! On top, the entire team from the 2010 Suzuki Cup and the team from Panaad, Bacaolod where the Philippines first qualified for the Final Rounds of the Suzuki Cup in 2007. Notice the keeper then was Louie Casas. Hey, Louie! Where ya at? And where's Japeth Sablon now?

No comments:

Post a Comment