BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!!! Saturday musings

Hmm. Was taking shots at politicos for jumping on the football bandwagon then Sen. Miguel Zubiri mentions me in his privilege speech. :) 

Mari Martinez is contesting the ruling of FIFA with the help of his very questionable benefactor Mohammad Bin-Hammam? Hey, Hamman, where is the PhP10million you promised? Care to make a donation now to the PFF? 


While in Indonesia, Martinez asked to meet national team manager Dan Palami at the lobby. This is what he said to Dan: "Are you for FIFA?"

Dan nodded. "Then if you are for FIFA then you are for Mari Martinez."

Very respectfully, sir, repeat after me: "If you are for FIFA then you are for Nonong Araneta."

I think it's so embarrassing that his name is so sullied and he seems to care not a bit. Even after all that has happened he still clings on. But that is so typically Filipino. In fact, we have Trillanes walking into Senate after what he did. So people have no shame. By the way, Mr. Martinez, an old officemate of yours at Soriamont says hi. Mr. Mon Pelaez (I think he is a contemporary of yours from San Beda). You and Tito Ramon used to go to the house a lot back in the day. I remember those days. And he told me lots of stories about what went down at Soriamont.

And well, we moved up a notch to #150 in the FIFA rankings. At least we moved to our highest ranking so far. The goal is to push it down to the #120s by next year.

Merry Christmas everybody! 
Thanks for reading Bleachers' Brew.

No comments:

Post a Comment