BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Monday, December 27, 2010

La Furia Roja in my Christmas stockings.


Here's Spain's new 2011 World Cup champions jersey. I picked up mine in Jakarta. Loving it next to my kit of Cesc Fabregas. It's got the gold star and the World Cup trophy badge. Yeah!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is sweet! How much did it cost? This isn't available here in the Philippines, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't remember. I think it's just a bit under IDR 600. So that's about PhP2,900 bucks. And I'm sure it will be available locally. But it was there so I got it. It was a choice between the new Lyon kit and the EspaƱa. The latter won out.

    ReplyDelete