BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Hanoi Diary Day 5 Sheraton Hanoi & My Dinh National Stadium


Ian Araneta, Yanti Barsales, Ed SacapaƱo, Coach Brax aka Edzel Bracamonte, me and Roel Gener outside the Sheraton Hanoi before leaving for My Dinh National Stadium to play Vietnam.


With Ian, Chieffy Caligdong, me and Coach Edwin Cabalida. That's Coach Edwin below looking at the AFF Suzuki Cup match reminders posted on the wall of the Philippines' dugout.



Got myself a Vietnam kit. I collect football jerseys. Now have a whole bunch. But I love my Azkals jersey. Number 32 is Mark Drinkuth's rejected number. Hahaha.


Tailgate party Vietnam-style. There was a concert outside. Got myself a Vietnam sticker on my cheek in exchange for a pic with this girl.


With some rabid Vietnam fans. And below, it's vuvuzela time!!!

After the match by the door of the locker room.

No comments:

Post a Comment