BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Friday, December 3, 2010

Hanoi Diary Day 2 My Dinh

With Philippine National Men's Football Team Head Coach Simon McMenemy at the My Dinh National Stadium pitch where the team checks out the field upon arrival. I've been documenting the entire trip from pictures to video and podcasts.
After the spectacular game between the Philippines and Singapore (1-1), I was interviewed by Vietnam News TV about being in Vietnam, the concluded match, the frenzied atmosphere in My Dinh, and the upcoming Philippines-Singapore match on Saturday. I think I was also seen in the beginning of the game's telecast on Star Sports. You could see in the back the score between Vietnam and Myanmar. The defending champs and host country won 7-1.
It's going to be a busy Friday for me as I'll be doing interviews and sending stuff back home to the Philippines.

No comments:

Post a Comment