BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

ILLAM baseball

The ILLAM (International Little League Association of Manila) boys team that is coached by my cousin Peter. I have a nephew playing on the team, Enrique, who is the kid pitching in the photo below. They played a friendly match against the team from Smokey Mountain today Sunday that was a 4-4 draw. Anyways, I thought I'd plug them here in Bleachers' Brew. I also have three nephews playing baseball now with one of them joining the college baseball team. Now I guess that's proof of how much my family loves the game. I also have another nephew in the AGS Blue Babble Battalion. My youngest son played varsity basketball in grade school but stopped now. I hope he plays for the football team though.

No comments:

Post a Comment