BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Yao Ming on CNN's Talk Asia


Yao Ming will be talking about a lot of things in a special edition of CNN's Talk Asia.

Thanks to CNN for this!

The airtime in Manila, Hong Kong, and Singapore is this coming Wednesday September 15 at 730pm. Replays of the interview will be on the following day, September 16 at 1130am and Saturday September 18 at 7pm.

The Chinese basketball star will talk about his injury, the Houston Rockets, LeBron James, fatherhood, and the controversy surrounding his daughter who was born a US citizen. 

The NBA’s current tallest player admits that this season is a make or break for him. “This coming season is my key season. I’ve missed a whole year and I have a serious injury history. That put me at risk and the team I play for,” Yao said. “That’s the truth and we can’t get around with that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment