BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Monday, July 19, 2010

A nickname for Miami's "Big Three"



So what's your take on this? Got any suggestions? Here are some of mine this early in the morning:
- Air Miami
- The Bermuda Triangle

Yeah, I know.... let's just think of some more.

1 comment:

  1. While the mainstream media has taken to calling them Miami Thrice, I believe a recent Simmons mailbag best capture public sentiment.

    The Nazgul were the characters in "Lord of the Rings" that were former kings who turned into demons that were constantly chasing the ring. It completely consumed them and robbed them of their humanity.

    ReplyDelete