BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Gatorade UAAP & NCAA Heroes



I've been hinting at this for weeks. But this is just the tip of the iceberg. There's more. Hintayin na lang natin mag-materialize before I say it. Having said that, this is something I have been working on with Gatorade -- a Brand Ambassador program for the sports drink. Client and I drew up a list of criteria then I chose these NCAA and UAAP players. Except for Mapua's Andretti Stevens (who was recommended by Cardinals' head coach Chito Victolero), I chose all the players to be included here. Were there others? Yes there were. Sayang nga. But it's all cool. Then DDB did the artwork on the billboard and the advertorials. I helped work on the advertising insert in magazines like Chalk. 


Borgie Hermida's folks are in for a surprise when they see the billboard along EDSA.


The UAAP players: Kirk Long (Ateneo), RR Garcia (FEU), Jeric Teng (UST), Alex Nuyles (Adamson), Kokoy Hermosisima (NU), Nico Elorde (DLSU), and Mike Silungan (UP).


The NCAA players: Pamboy Raymundo (San Sebastian), Borgie Hermida (San Beda), Nate Matute (JRU), Kevin Alas (Letran), Jett Vidal (Perpetual Help), Carlo Lastimosa (CSB), Isaiah Ciriacruz (Arellano), and Andretti Stevens (Mapua).


Watch out for features on all these players! First ones up are Nate & Alex.


It's gonna be a blast to see that billboard personally and knowing I was a part of that. The first time I ever did a radio commercial as a voice talent (for Macintosh computers), I was real thrilled. Seeing the commercials I did (back when I was in advertising) on television or in the movies, I felt so happy. More so when you know that the campaign was a success. Even after all these years, I still get goosebumps and feel that familiar tingle in my spine (no that's not my Spidey sense). 

7 comments:

  1. Where is UE?! Just a simple question that needs a simple answer..

    Gatorade should be ban..haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. what school in uaap wearing maroon jersey at the back of jeric teng?

    ReplyDelete
  3. UE is not in the in the campaign add of gatorade simply because the owner of UE is also the owner of Cobra Energy drink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's unfair to disregard UE on the ad campaign, especially that it's an ad for the UAAP franchise to which UE is a member school.

    ReplyDelete