BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Monday, June 28, 2010

A sign of a new venue to come?

During the opening ceremony of NCAA Season 86, a globosphere came down from the rafters as part of the program. There was a symbolism that wasn't lost on me so I snapped a pic. I thought of a similar yet larger version of that stands just outside the Mall of Asia. Now there's a new facility that is being built around the area and it is reportedly said to be a sporting and concert venue of larger proportions. So I really can't wait to see the college leagues move there. Away from the shabby treatment elsewhere. Hahaha. What a symbol.

No comments:

Post a Comment