BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Not-so-Murderer's Row

No Mo Rivera. No Jorge Posada, Curtis Granderson, Nick Johnson, and Robinson Cano. And still they keep on winning. Who are these guys? Boone Logan (#48), Francisco Cervelli (#29), Derek Jeter (#2), and Ramiro Pena (#19) of the New York Yankees keep the pinstriped express rolling with a 10-3 win over the Boston Red Sox at Fenway Park. The pic is by Darren McCollester.

After the win, a friend who roots for Boston said, "Damned Yankees! They have the best team money can buy!"

Said I, "Ah, are you talking about your Red Sox too? Besides, if you noticed, New York had their second team in today."

Muttered frustrated Red Sox fan: "Damned Yankees! They have the best no-names money can buy!"

I laughed but he thought it wasn't funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment