BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Monday, February 22, 2010

We be jamming


Here's an old photo of the late reggae legend Bob Marley just having fun. Marley was a huge football fan. Not sure though of what club he rooted for but he was a fan of the world game.

Two of my favorite albums of all time (and they have a nice place in my CD collection) are Legend and Exodus.

The deluxe editions of both albums are worth the price since the previously hard to find alternate versions of "Waiting in Vain" and a few others.

No comments:

Post a Comment