BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Friday, February 19, 2010

The Tiger Beat.

Tiger Woods will be making his first public statement in almost three months and you can watch that this coming Saturday Feb 20 at 12 midnight on ESPN. And as is everywhere from the National Enquirer, US Weekly, and other similar ragloids, there will be analysis and specualtion on the press conference and everything related to Woods' actions. The picture to the right is a recent one taken of the golfer jogging near his home.

Aside from his affairs, marriage, and future, here's what Woods could say:
1) Scott Disick (Kourtney Kardashian's partner who was just caught having an affair)-- Never keep numbers of other women on your cellphone.
2) Jesper Parnevik & Ernie Els -- Just you wait til we face on the greens. I'll kick your butts!
3) I didn't take steroids like Mark McGwire.
4) Can we talk about Sarah Palin instead?
5) I enjoyed James Cameron's Avatar.
6) My car crash wasn't because I was trying out for NASCAR.
7) The Orlando Magic need to add another player if they want to beat the Cleveland Cavaliers. Their trade for Antawn Jamison -- now the Eastern Conference is theirs to lose. I live in Orlando and I want the Magic to go back to the NBA Finals!
8) Anyone want to talk about the Winter Olympics?
9) Golf anyone?
10) Hello.Hello?


Seriously now, I hope he gets back and really kicks everyone's butts. What Tiger did was wrong and well, being a celebrity, he became media fodder. He can only blame himself for it. But now, after this, just get back on the course, and like Kobe on the NBA hardwoods, just be this silent assassin and win more cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment