BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wednesday this week

CNN was wondering it Twitter has peaked. I never got into Friendster and only got a Multiply page because friends kept telling me to check out their sites (I hardly manage mine). Facebook and Twitter are the only ones I devote some time to (aside from Blogger). With all these sites, I'm really wondering what the next big social networking thing is. But for those asking who are the celebrities I follow, well, my list isn't much.


Kim Kardashian, DaMarcus Beasley, Jon Favreau, Nonito Donaire, Tamar Kaprelian, Bill Gates, Alyssa Milano, Randy Foye, Mariah Carey, Manu Ginobili, Landon Donovan, Grant Morrison, Barack Obama, Steve Nash, Shaquille O'Neal, Jessica Alba, John Legend, and Nathan Fillion.

When I was writing about the Collision Course fights last weekend, I wanted to start out my piece using referee Gene del Bianco. I honestly think that he's one of the best in the business and this dude wouldn't look out of place in an MMA fight. he sure does command the fighters' attention with his simple but effective means of officiating. Will keep my notes on file for something in the future. My last column on Bruce McTavish was by accident. I was intending to write about how Collision Course was put together and that is very revealing and says a lot about the business. I still have the notes to that but it seems somewhat anti-climactic.

People who have asked why I have not written about Smart Gilas, it's like this... I didn't go with the team to the Middle East and two, I'd rather wait for everyone then get the skinny straight up.

Ah, the Philippine Football Federation. Turns out that the PhP10 million "donation" was a ruse. You, sly bastards. If I were you, I'd listen to the Clash's "London Calling." Fire in the hole.

Have been busy with some other stuff that need doing that's why I haven't done stuff for the newspaper or some other mags. I'm headed for Hong Kong next week and that will keep my out for a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment