BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Friday, January 1, 2010

Goodbye to Giants Stadium

Giants Stadium will be torn down to make way for the new Meadowlands Stadium. I may not have been a regular there and can only count on three visits there all to watch the Giants, allow me to share my one simple memory of the place. That was where I experienced my first ever real live barbecue cookout tailgate party. And what fun it was. The Giants lost that game and as a footnote, they lost their first ever match in the Meadowlands in 1976 and they lose their last. Unlike their neighbors the Yankees who won a championship in the first year at the old Yankee Stadium and their 27th at the new billion-dollar Yankee Stadium II. Hopefully, when NYTD Blue's new digs open, we won't be seeing anymore of these sad pictures of fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment