BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Taking Aim

The Ateneo Women's Volleyball Team took aim at a Final Four slot at the 2nd Conference of Season 6 of the Shakey's V-League. They led the FEU Lady Tams 2 sets to 1 but fell apart afterwards with a spate of receiving errors after which the never got their groove back. 

They started out the season slow but went on a run that saw them beat the top teams in the league in the second round where they won a couple of five setters (they're bane the previous year) against Adamson and UST only to lose in the playoff to FEU.

They'll be using their experience here as a springboard for the coming UAAP season. 

I took the photo and converted it into black and white, a medium I've always loved since following Ansel Adams' photography. That gave me an opportunity to sneak in using that for the 2010 Ateneo Sports Calendar. To my friends in Facebook, you may check out my shots for the Lady Spikers' playoff match with FEU there.

No comments:

Post a Comment