BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Sunday, October 11, 2009

I've got mail (wow, thanks!)

I was weaned on Sports Illustrated; hence, my style of writing. I lost almost all my Sports Illustrated issues in the flood including my treasured Michael Jordan collection. 


Someone sent me this magazine the other day in the mail (from the United States) and via courier. 

It really just made my dreary day to find it on my parents' doorstep. It was sent to me because of this reader from Maryland who is a Yankee fan read of what happened to me. Thanks so much. Thanks. 

And the issue has a wonderfully written piece by the best baseball writer in the world today -- Tom Verducci. The layout for the article is awesome as was the photograph by Chuck Solomon. 

This is the kind of story and pic I wish I wrote and took.

And it also has an excellent story on the Denver Nuggets' Chris Andersen.

No comments:

Post a Comment