BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Let's put on a show

While watching the fans' day segment of the 2009 Summer Slam, I noticed how the WWE Superstars mingled with the people of Los Angeles as they participated in community projects and met the fans.

Why didn't they do something similar each time they were here? Yes, I know that there are time constraints but the least they can do is sign autographs and meet the fans.

When RAW came over a couple of years ago, there was a meet and greet with Lita and Edge. And it was obvious they weren't enjoying themselves. The guests waited for two hours inside a function room at Shangri-La then we were all ushered into one area for a group picture with the two unhappy and unhappy superstars. No one even got a copy of the picture as they had one official photographer.

Hearing Montell Vontavious Porter say that they get a kick out of meeting the fans makes me laugh. It's all fake. Just like pro wrestling.

No comments:

Post a Comment