BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Hey, look who has his alumni card. Maybe you should get one now.


Jobe Nkemakolam recently got his Ateneo Alumni Association card and can now avail of discounts is Fully Booked, adidas, Cravings, Banapple, National Sports Grill, and many others.

The card also entitles card holders to discounts in the Speaker's Bureau which will begin in a month of two. That's all about seminars, symposia, and talks relevant not just to Ateneans but what goes on in the world and in our country today. Of course, there's a lot more.

For more details, check out the AAA website at http://ateneoalumniassociation.org/ or visit the offices at the ground floor of Bellarmine Hall.

-----------

The article I wrote on Chris Tiu titled "Chris Legend" is out in the new issue of Personal Fortune (it's out now and costs Php 50 bucks and is published by Business Mirror).

My team previews of the Ateneo basketball teams -- men's women's, and juniors will be published in Blue Blood's next ish that will be out late this month along with a separate book/mag of last year's championship. Fr. Ben Nebres is just making a few edits more. The preview ish will also have a feature on Nico Salva, Emman Monfort, Treena Limgenco, Von Pessumal and Kiefer Ravena, and Mike Baldos. The Juniors feature, believe it or not, will be my first ever on the Blue Eaglets. Boy, am I stoked for that.

I've started work on my next feature stuff on Rebound. Can't divulge what they are now. But they feature other schools.

The football docu I'm working on (post-prod na) should be done in a month.

Halikinu Radio debut this Thursday @ 9pm over NU 107.

No comments:

Post a Comment