BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Coincidence? WTF!


Before the Ateneo-FEU game got underway, I pointed out to fellow sportswriters Cedelf Tupas and Eddie Ching as well as Imperium Stats boss Pong Ducanes that the electronic board above the Araneta Coliseum hardcourt had "UP" instead of "ADMU." I called out to the ref and pointed at it but he didn't understand.

And as the game started, the Blue Eagles were cold. By the time the scoreboard was properly fixed, Ateneo began to score. It was at 8-1 at that point it was changed.

My Fabilioh bud Philip Sison also noticed it and took a pic of it. He sent it to me last night as we chatted over it. Hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment