BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Stuff for everyone and Ateneans too

Got my advance copy of the magazine. Yahooooo! I am so proud of what we've done here. And I'm working with a good crew as well and that makes a huge difference.

For Rebound (which will be out in the stands this week), I chipped in the following articles:

* A Colorful Season Ends in Blue (UAAP Season 71 recap)
* Profiles on FEU's Ryan Garcia and UST's Jervy Cruz.
* Anatomy of A Champion (dissecting the Ateneo Blue Eagles and San Beda Red Lions) which I wrote with my buds as the Three Amigos.
* Previews on San Beda, Mapua, Emilio Aguinaldo, Angeles University, National University, and Far Eastern University.

For the succeeding issues of Rebound, I'll be following Ateneo, FEU, Mapua, and EAC. The stuff I write for Rebound will be different from the ones I submit for Business Mirror or ateneo.edu.

I've got a couple of features that I am writing about that I can't spill the beans just yet.


For Ateneans, be sure to get your Ateneo Alumni Association card. It will help you when you get UAAP tickets at the University Athletics Office, get discounts at Fully Booked, Banapple, National Sports Grill in Greenbelt 3, Cravings, Il Ponticello, adidas, and lots more.

There are also lots of plans for card holders that will be unveiled soon.

Go visit the ateneoalumniassociation.org site or go to the office at Bellarmine Hall. Bring one 2x2 ID picture with a white backgroundthere then fill out forms. Just check out the site for the FAQs.

For those who add me in facebook, kindly intro yourself if you're not a former classmate, officemate, or girlfriend. So I know who you are. I truly truly appreciate getting added but I also screen too. I hope you understand.

Add na rin Bleachers' Brew (my friend Eric Roa put it up in FB) and Rebound The Spirit of College Basketball to your faves/ fan pages. Thanks.

ANYONE WITH COPIES OF THE ENTIRE ATENEO SEASON 71 ON DVD? I WILL PAY FOR THE ENTIRE SET FROM ELIMS TO FINALS.

My faves on my iTunes have changed for the week:
Girl Overboard - Snowboy
Fantasy Island - MPeople
Being Boring - Pet Shop Boys
Under the Milky Way - The Church
Here I Stand and Face the Rain - A-Ha
Run-Around - Blues Traveler
Call Me - Go West
Your Number or Your Name - The Knack
Fall to Pieces - Velvet Revolver
Kapit - Brownman Revival

No comments:

Post a Comment