BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Friday, June 26, 2009

Showdown in Chinatown 2009


The annual event hosted by Steve Nash with Tony Parker and Chris Bosch @ Chinatown, NYC. Featuring football stars Ryan Babel, Thierry Henry, and Claudio Reyna.

I remember several years ago when I chanced upon a pick up game of football at the Great Lawn in Central Park. I watched for a while and only later did I realize that Steve Nash was one of them and it was an annual event for them until they were shooed away by cops. So they moved to Chinatown.

My friend Miggy Mendoza was there yesterday and he snapped up these pics.

Grant Hill & Liverpool FC's Ryan Babel

Former Rangers player Claudio Reyna and Steve Nash

Steve Nash & Chris Bosch

No comments:

Post a Comment