BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

At Tony Liao's B-day dinner in New Manila

Tony is the team manager of the Ateneo Women's Volleyball Team and we worked together when we did the Shakey's Volleyball Invitational in my time with Solar Sports.

Happy birthday, sir.

I might (might lang ha kasi I will be going to Iloilo next week so I have to finish stuff here in Manila) go up to Baguio this weekend to join the volleyball team for a competition there.

L-R: Theo Jurado (sportswriter People's Journal), Sherwin Malonzo (Ateneo Volleyball Program Head), Roger Gorayeb (Coach Ateneo & SSCR Women's Volleyball), me, a lady whose name I didn't get, Moying Martelino of Sports Vision.
Back: Tony Liao & some dude who I was unable to get his name. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment